2 slices bacon
1 cup chopped carrots
1 cup chopped Poblano peppers
1 cup chopped onions
2 tbsp jalapeno peppers,
seeded and minced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp ground cumin
5 cups diced and peeled potatoes
2 (14 1/2 oz) cans fat free chicken broth
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup unbleached flour
2 1/2 cups skim milk
1 1/4 cups Reduced Fat Shredded Mexican Blend Cheese
2 /3 cup chopped green onions
1. in a large pot, cook bacon until crisp. Transfer to paper towel
and set aside. Discard all but 1 tablespoon fat from pot.
2. Add carrots, Poblanos, onion, jalapenos, garlic and cumin; saute until golden brown. Add potatoes, chicken broth and salt. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer, cover pot and cook for 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
3. In a bowl, gradually whisk milk into flour until mixture is smooth. Slowly whisk milk mixture into soup. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until soup is thickened, about 12 minutes.
4. Remove pot from heat. Add cheeses, stirring until melted.
5. Crumble reserved bacon. Ladle soup into bowls and top with
bacon and green onions.
Yield: 10 Servings Serving Size= 1/10 of recipe
WEIGHT WATCHERS Points Plus = 4 (Per Serving)
Posted by Internet News | 8:59 AM | WEIGHT WATCHERS 4 Points Plus SPICY POTATO SOUP RECIPE